Garden of Eden vs. Garden of GethsemaneDoug
R. Kent Hughes:
- The first Adam began life in a garden. Christ the second Adam, came at the end of his life to a garden
- In Eden Adam sinned. In Gethsemane the Savior overcame sin.
- In Eden Adam fell. In Gethsemane Jesus conquered.
- In Eden Adam hid himself. In Gethsemane our Lord boldly presented himself.
- In Eden the sword was drawn. In Gethsemane it was sheathed.
(Taken from Nancy Guthrie’s book, Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross, pg. 31-32)Written by Doug Wolter - Visit Website